The health benefits of coconut – Coconut is a natural fruit with many benefits for the health. Below are 6 ways that coconut will help to improve your health.
Coconuts are highly nutritious, rich in fibre, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals. They have become a very hot and versatile food commodity and are being used in everything from our daily cuisine to our beauty regimens. From culinary creations to magic beauty portions, they pack a good punch. They are one of the wonder foods on earth and amply provides for all human needs and have multiple health benefits. These benefits include lowering cholesterol, healing, stabilizing blood sugar, hydration, and replacing blood plasma in an emergency. Considered to be one of the most treasured foods, coconuts products – including coconut flesh, coconut oil, coconut water, coconut cream, and coconut milk, each deliver superb health benefits.
The health benefits of coconut
- Coconut oil: coconut oil is the best when it comes to cooking and baking, and also helps to naturally get rid of skin dangerous toxins. It gives the skin the perfect mix of hydration and antioxidants that it needs to stay healthy, smooth, and younger looking longer. It also helps protect the teeth from bacteria that cause cavities and disease.
- Coconut cream: this is the best skin treatment product that can be used to keep the skin flawless. Cream derived from coconut can replenish the skin, giving it a more youthful and healthy glow than most other skin care product.
- Coconut water: coconut is a natural water filter. It takes almost 9 months for a coconut to filter every quart of water stored within its shell, which makes the coconut water completely pure and sterile, and it can be used for blood transfusions. Coconut water has the highest concentration of electrolytes, which makes it an excellent source of hydration.
Join our community. Like us now
The health benefits of coconut
- Healthy heart: coconut helps to provide healthy short chain and medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) that are essential to good health. Close to 98% of all fatty acids consumed are long chain fatty acids (LCFA) which have negative effect on cholesterol ratios. MCFA have no negative effect on cholesterol ratios and help lower the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against heart disease. Unlike other fats, the unique properties of coconut also contain a large amount of la-uric acid, which is the predominant fatty acid found in mother’s milk.
- High in dietary fibre: coconut supply an impressive 61% dietary fibre. There are two types of fibre: soluble fibre which consists of starch and sugar and promote calories, insoluble fibre which contains no calories. Since the body cannot digest the dietary fibre in coconut, no calories are derived from it and it has no effect on blood sugar.
- Quick energy boost: coconut is utilized by the body to produce energy rather than store it as body fat. It promotes healthy thyroid function and helps to relieve symptoms of chronic fatigue. It also supports improved endurance during physical and athletic performance.
- Prevents obesity: coconut prevents obesity by speeding up metabolism, providing an immediate source of energy with fewer calories than other fats. People who constantly use coconut products can stay without eating for several hours with no affect of hypoglycemia.
- Reduces sweats: the healthy fat in coconut helps to slow down any rise in blood sugar and help to reduce hypoglycemic cravings.
- Improves digestion: coconut helps to improve digestion by supporting absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids while also providing beneficial dietary fibre.
While this fruit keeps you healthy, it does not stop the need for you to see your doctor.