- Ata Rodo
- Tomato paste
- Chicken, turkey, or beef stock
- Cooking oil
- Seasoning cubes
- Dried bay leaves
- Minced ginger
- Curry powder and thyme
- White pepper
- Any seasoning you like
- Salt to taste
- Wash the tomatoes, pepper,and onions, blend all together to make a paste. Remember to keep 1 or 2 tomatoes and i onions for garnishing.
- Add the cooking oil in a large pot and place on a medium heat. Add a half sliced onion into the oil and allow to fry till fragrant but not burnt.
- Add the blended tomatoes, tomato paste, curry powder, seasoning cubes, half of the white pepper, and dried bay leaves. Cover the pot and allow to fry till the oil begins to flow on the top.
- Then, wash your rice thoroughly to remove starch. When the oil begins to float on the top, add the chicken, turkey, or beef stock and allow to fry for 10 mins. Then add the rice. Make sure the rice and stew is mixed thoroughly and the stew is only about one cm over the rice. Then add the butter, the remaining white pepper, ginger, and mix.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook till it gets soft. Stir with a wooden spoon. Then add a little bits of the remaining stock or water, but do not add to much as jollof rice needs steam to cook not water. Do not be scared when the rice starts to burn, for it will surely burn a little as this is what gives it the smokey flavour.
- When the rice gets soft, add the sliced onions and tomatoes, and stir. These should be added few minutes before the rice gets done finally. Then mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat and leave it with the remaining heat to allow steaming for another minute. Jollof rice is ready, serve with fried chicken, turkey, or beef.
Share your comments here
Top Diets & Recipes People Are Checking:
46 Local Nigerian Food Recipes for Diabetic Patients
17 Natural Food That Burns Belly Fat Faster
How to cook coconut rice
How to cook goat meat pepper soup
The Health Benefits of Garden Egg (Egg Plant)
8 Best Fruits for Diabetic Patients
Best Fruits for Ulcer Patients
Best Foods to Increase your Brain Function