- Peeled groundnuts
- Assorted meat or beef and fish
- Dried fish
- Shaki (cow tripe)
- Palm oil
- Ugwu leaves (small bunch)
- Bitterleaf or spinach
- Crayfish (ground)
- Seasoning cube
- Soak the stockfish and dried fish with hot water for few minutes depending on how hard the stockfish is or you may boil it a bit till it gets soft.
- When soft, remove the bones, clean the fish, and separate them into small pieces.
- Roast the groundnut in a pan, stir continuously until it turns golden brown (not burnt). After roasting, set aside to cool then ground into powder.
- Wash the ugwu and cut into tiny pieces. If using spinach, wash and cut into small pieces, or if using bitter leaf, wash the bitter taste is out.
- Cook the shaki first as it is the toughest meat, always keep water to the same level as the contents of the pot and top it up as you cook.
- When the shaki starts to curl, add the dried fish and stockfish. When the shaki is almost done, add the assorted meat or beef, fish and seasoning cube. Allow cooking till all the meat and fish are well done.
- Add the ground crayfish, salt and pepper. Cover and allow to boil.
- Remove the meat and fish and put in another pot or bowl leaving the stock in the pot. Add the ground groundnut and stir very well till there are no lumps, reduce heat to very low and leave to cook.
- Stir every 5 minutes and top up the water if necessary. Stir often to avoid the moisture from burning. Cook until a thin film of clear oil appears on the surface, then add the palm oil and stir very well.
- Add the meat and fish, stir and cook on low heat till it boils. Add the vegetables, stir and leave to simmer, then stir again and remove from heat.
Your groundnut soup is ready
Share your comments here
Top Diets & Recipes People Are Checking:
Food Diet for Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
How to cook fried rice
9 Health Benefits of African Star Apple (Agbalumo)
The Wondrous Health Benefits of Pepper fruit
5 Best Ways to Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
List of Healthy Nigerian Desserts
How to Cook Edesi Isip (Efik Coconut Rice)
How to Cook Groundnut Soup