- Fresh corn or corn meal (corn flour)
- Prawns or dried fish
- Smoked fish
- Palm oil
- Ugwu, spinach or scent leaves (optional)
- Seasoning cubes
- Chilli pepper/atarodo
- Containers for steaming the moi-moi
Preparation method – A
- Break off the prawns’ heads and tails, boil or soak in hot water to soften it a bit (do not throw away the prawns’ heads and tails). If you are using dried fish, boil in salted water until tender, strain and set aside. If you are using smoked fish, clean, debone, and set aside.
- Wash and slice the vegetables, then blend the pepper, onions, prawns’ heads&tails, and the crayfish. Then set aside.
- Pour the cornflour into a bowl, mix with water to get a thick batter. Pour in the blended pepper, onions, prawns’ heads&tails, and crayfish into the corn flour batter
- Add the palm oil, vegetables, softened prawns, seasoning cubes, salt, and any other spice you like to add, then mix properly.
- When it is properly mixed, pour into any container of your choice, seal and place in a pot of boiling water or steamer for 45 minutes to 1hr (remember the cooking method is the same as that of your beans moi-moi)
- When it solidifies, just know that your corn moi-moi is ready. Transfer to a tray, leave to cool. Then serve with your pap, custard, or rice.
Preparation method – B
If you are using a fresh corn still on its cobs, you have to follow these steps
- Peel off the husk and hair-like strands, remove the corn seeds from the cobs, and wash them properly.
- Pour the corn seeds into a blender, add the pepper, onions, prawns’ heads&tails, and crayfish. Add a small amount of water to ease the movement of the blender blade. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, add your palm oil, vegetables, softened prawns, seasoning cubes, salt, and water to dilute the solution slightly (just like you do to the regular moi-moi). Then stir properly.
- Pour into small containers of your choice, seal and place in a pot of boiling water or steamer and cook for 45 mins to 1hr.
- When it solidifies, it is ready. Place on a tray and allow to cool. Ready to serve!
Share your comments here
Top Diets & Recipes People Are Checking:
8 Effective Food Diet Advice for Tuberculosis Patient
Best Food for HIV/AIDS Patients
Best Fruits & Vegetables For Weight Loss & Body Reduction
9 Health Benefits of Avocado pear
10 Health Benefits of Carrots
12 Impressive Health Benefits of Almonds
Health Benefits of Black Seed Oil
Olive Oil for Erectile Dysfunction