- Fresh or smoked fish
- Atama leaves
- Stock fish head
- Palm fruit
- Cow skin
- Crayfish (ground)
- Seasoning cube
- Uyayak (local spice)
- Wash and boil the palm fruits, strain off the water and pound the palm fruit until the pulp/fibre separates from the nuts. Boil some water and add to the pounded palm fruit and mix to separate the oily extract from the pulp, then strain off the oily extract.
- Wash the periwinkles thoroughly and keep aside.
- Wash and season the meat with salt, seasoning cube and small pepper. Allow to steam on low heat for 5 mins. Add 1 and half cup of water and the stock fish and leave to boil for few mins till the meat is almost cooked. Then remove from heat.
- Wash and cut the Atama leaves into fine pieces and pound them until the leaves are pound properly.
- Place the oily extract on heat and allow to boil for 5 – 10 mins to remove all moisture. Add the cooked meat and washed smoked fish, periwinkle, meat stock, crayfish pepper, seasoning cube and uyayak. Stir and leave to boil for 10 – 15 mins.
- Add the Atama leaves and leave to boil without stirring for another 10 mins. Stir and add salt. Allow to simmer until slightly thick.
Remove from heat and serve with any choice of swallow.
Share your comments here