African salad can serve as a meal or a snack. Below are steps on how to prepare this delicious meal.
- Abacha (African salad)
- Ugba (ukpaka)
- Palm oil
- Ehu seeds
- Edible powdered potash
- Seasoning cube
- Garden eggs
- Utazi leaves
- Kpomo/meat/dry fish or stockfish
- Soak the dry abacha in boiled water for some minutes, then sieve and keep aside.
- Blend the crayfish and slice the onions, garden eggs, and utazi leaves. Dissolve the powdered potash in a little water and filter out the solid particles.
- Filter the dissolved potash in a pot or mortar, then add your palm oil and stir to form a yellowish paste.
- Add the ground crayfish and pepper, stir and add the ground ehu seed.
- Add the ugba (ukpaka) and stir, then add the abacha, seasoning cube, salt, and stir. Add the kpomo and stockfish, and stir. Taste to check if it is as tasty as you want.
- Turn on the cooker and heat for few minutes. Remove from heat when it is warm.
- Serve with the meat or fish and also spice up with the onions, garden eggs, and utazi leaves.
Share your comments here
Top Diets & Recipes People Are Checking:
7 Food Diet For Patients With Stomach Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer, and Esophageal Ulcer
How To Make Zobo Drink
How to Prepare Plantain Moi-moi (ukpo ogede)
The Health Benefits of Strawberry
How to Prepare Adalu (Beans & Corn Porridge)
How to Prepare Ojojo
How to Make Macaroni Salad
Is Caffeine Good for the Health?