Fura de Nono is a very popular drink in the Northern states. Nono is the Hausa word for cow’s milk sold by the Fulani women.
- 1 cup of millet or guinea corn flour
- 1 cup of soya bean flour
- 1 tsp of dried pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp of cloves (ground)
- 1 tsp of African black pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp of dried ginger root (ground)
- 1 tsp of corn flour
- 2 litres of water
- 1 litre of Nono or yoghurt
- Mix the flours with all the spices thoroughly. Add a little water and mix to form a thick paste. Mould into medium sized balls.
- Boil the water for about 5 mins. Add the balls to the boiling water and continue boiling for about 20 mins.
- Remove the balls from the boiling pot and pound thoroughly. Mould into small balls and sprinkle corn flour to keep the balls moist.
- Serve mashed with Nono or yoghurt and add sugar to taste.
Share your comments here