Agidi jollof is derived from its white counterpart Agidi/Eko, but with some added ingredients. Agidi jollof can be eaten as a snack, light lunch, or dinner.
- 300g of biscuit bones
- 200g of corn flour/ogi (pap)
- 250ml of tomato stew
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- Fresh pepper
- 200ml of cold water
- Hot water
- Uma leaves/aluminium foil/plastic containers
- Wash the uma leaves in cold water and set aside.
- Cut the onions into big chunks, then pound the fresh pepper.
- Put the biscuit bones in a pot, add the onions and seasoning cube. Pour water to the same level as the bones and leave to cook.
- When the biscuit bone is done, remove the onions and add salt to taste. Add the tomato stew, pepper, and curry powder. Stir and cover to simmer, then set aside.
- Mix the corn flour/ogi with the 200mls of cold water in a pot. Add the water bit by bit so as to avoid lumps. This should be done off the stove.
- When done, boil some water. Pour the hot into the corn flour/ogi mix, stirring at the same time till you notice it starts to thicken.
- Transfer the pot to a stove and set the heating to low. Continue stirring till the agidi is completely solid.
- Add the agidi stew. Add enough quantity to give the agidi jollof a rich red colour. Don’t add the bones yet. Mix very well till the stew is well incorporated in the agidi, giving it an even red colour.
- Add drops of water to the mix, cover and allow to simmer. Mix again to combine the water and the agidi jollof.
- Dish the agidi into the uma leaves and wrap. Place on your kitchen counter to cool down.
Serve warm with any choice of cold drink
Join our community. Like us now
Share your comments here
Top Diets & Recipes People Are Checking:
8 Liquid Diet Ideas After Stomach Surgery
Diet for Pregnant Women with Diabetes (Gestational Diabetes)
How to cook okro soup
Fried Plantain and Egg Made Easy
How to Prepare Plantain Moi-moi (ukpo ogede)
How to Prepare Adalu (Beans & Corn Porridge)
How to Prepare Beans and Yam Porridge
Best Foods to Increase your Brain Function