How to cook groundnut soup – Learn how to make this delicious African meal with our recipes below
- 400g of raw peeled groundnut
- Assorted meat and fish
- Dry fish
- A small bunch of
- Palm oil
- Spinach or
- Ground crayfish
- Ground dry pepper
- Seasoning cubes
Join our community. Like us now
- Soak the stockfish and dry fish in hot water for few minutes depending on how strong the stockfish is, or rather boil it a bit.
- When it gets soft, clean the fish, de-bone, and separate into small pieces.
- Roast the groundnut in a pan, continue to stir until they turn golden brown (but not burnt). After roasting, set aside to cool completely, then grind into
powderwith a dry mill.
- Wash and cut the
uguand spinach into tiny pieces. If using bitter leaf, wash thoroughly until the bitterness is fairly out.
- Grind the pepper and crayfish, start cooking the assorted meat first and always keep water at the same level as the content of the pot and top it up as you cook.
- When the meat starts to curl, add the dry fish and stockfish. When the meat is almost done, add the seasoning cube. Cook till all is well done.
- Add the crayfish, pepper, and salt. Cover and cook till it boils.
- Transfer the meat and fish to another pot, leaving the stock in the pot. Add the ground groundnuts and stir very well till there are no lumps. Reduce the heat to very low and start cooking.
- Stir every 5 minutes and top up the water if necessary. Stir as often to avoid the mixture from burning. Cook till a thin film of clear oil appears on the surface. Add the palm oil and stir very well.
- Add the meat and fish, stir and cook on low heat till it boils. Add the vegetables, stir, and leave to simmer. Stir again and put off the heat.
You just made a delicious groundnut soup!
Share your comments here