- 200g of egusi (melon) seed
- 400g of beef
- 50g of cooked and boned stock fish pieces and dried fish
- 3 tablespoon of ground crayfish
- 1 small bunch of ugwu, okazi, or bitter leaf
- 50ml of palm oil
- Seasoning cubes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of ground chilli pepper
- 1 small ogiri (okpei) – ground
- Wash the beef, season with one onion, one seasoning cube, and salt. Add a cup of water and boil for about 10 minutes or until tender. Then set aside.
- Mix the ground egusi and okpei in a half cup of water, then set aside. Blend the tomatoes, one onion, and the chilli pepper.
- Heat the palm oil in another pot and add the egusi mixture. Stir thoroughly and allow to fry for a moment. Add the blended tomatoes and stir well. Then add the ground crayfish, seasoning cube, stock fish, and dried fish.
- Add 2 cups of water and allow to cook for 5 minutes, Add the boiled beef and stir. Turn down the heat and simmer for further 2 minutes.
- Wash and slice the ugwu leaves properly. Add to the soup and stir. Continue to simmer for further 5 minutes to allow the vegetables soften a bit.
- Your egusi soup is ready. Serve with any choice of swallow.
Join our community. Like us now
Share your comments here