Health benefits of eating blueberries – Below are 6 amazing health benefits of blueberries
Blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world and contain large levels and a broad range of antioxidants. They may be small, but the fruit offers huge health benefits from boosting brain health to battling UTIs. The antioxidants in blueberries work to neutralize free radicals linked to the development of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and other age-related conditions. They are loaded with fibre to keep you fuller longer. Blueberries also contain manganese which plays an important role in bone development and converting carbohydrates and fats into energy.
Health benefits of eating blueberries
- Improve heart health: Cardiovascular disease is a major public health concern in the world today. it is one of the leading cause of death in both men and women. High blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, and obesity are some of the common conditions that lead to increased risk of heart disease. Blueberries help reduce the risk of heart disease due to the high content of anthocyanins. Anthocyanins help to counter the buildup of plaque and improve cardiovascular health.
- Reduce cancer risk: Anthocyanins in blueberries help to attack cancer-causing free radicals and possibly even block tumour cells from forming. Blueberries are a potential therapeutic agent for early-stage prostate cancer or a possible means of prostate cancer prevention.
- Fight UTIs: Urinary Tract Infection (UTIs) are caused by bacteria that take hold and grow inside the urinary tract, causing an infection. Blueberries can help ward off UTIs. They contain substances that inhibit bacteria from binding to bladder tissue. Eating antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries can help reduce symptoms.
Join our community. Like us now
- Boost brain health: Because they contain such a high amount of phenols. particularly garlic acid, they are known as “neuroprotective agents.” This means that they can literally protect the brain from degeneration, neurotoxicity, and oxidative stress.
- Anti-ageing: Antioxidant in blueberries help reverse damage done by toxins and free radicals, and help your body defend itself against dangerous pathogens. They also contain proanthocyanidins which have additional anti-ageing properties
- Aid weight loss: Blueberries are low in calories, low on the glycemic index, and high in fibre. Low glycemic index foods are absorbed more slowly, so they stay in your digestive tract longer. These foods may help control appetite and delay hunger cues which can help with weight management.
While this fruit helps keep you healthy, it does not stop the need to see your doctor or health-care provider