Health benefits of apple – apples are extremely rich in anti-oxidants which will help keep you healthy.
Apples are one of the most popular and delicious fruits on the earth. Apples belong to the Rose family of plants and are joined in that family by a wide range of very popular foods like plums, cherries, apricots, peaches, pears, almonds, and raspberries. When focusing specifically on apples, several anti-cancer studies show daily intake of this fruit to provide better anti-cancer benefits than lesser amounts. Apples help in improving digestion, prevents stomach disorders, help in treating dysentery, help prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, aid in dental and skin care, etc.
Apples can be eaten raw or in a variety of dishes such as fruit salads and custards. Its juice is also a common drink throughout the world and can be included in desserts, Below are the health benefits of apples.
Health benefits of apple
Health benefits of apples
- Prevents heart disease: apples lower the level of cholesterol in the body, which makes it a strong defensive mechanism against cardiovascular disease.
- Good digestive health: apples help improve the functioning of the beneficial bacteria living inside our large intestine. Apples change the metabolism within the digestive tract and change the balance of bacteria which leads to improved health.
- Prevents cancer: most fruits and vegetables have some sort of anti-cancer effects, but apples stand head and shoulders among the rest in terms of commonly consumed fruits. They reduce lung cancer and slow the speed if it does develop.
- Helps in digestion: apples contain fibre which helps in the digestive process. Apples ensure smooth bowel movements and prevent constipation and other stomach disorders.
Join our community. Like us now
- Treats anaemia: apples help in treating anaemia since they are rich in iron. Anaemia is a deficiency of haemoglobin in the blood which can be fixed by increasing your intake of iron, which is an integral part in the metabolism of red blood cells.
- Removes weakness: apples help to remove weakness and add vigour and vitality to weak people. Apples help sick people to recover quickly from their illnesses. It also helps to detoxify the body and improves the overall health of the body.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease: apples show a positive impact on neurological issues, particularly two off the most tragic conditions, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. It helps to reduce and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and stops the gradual breakdown of dopamine-producing nerve cells, which can be an underlying cause of Parkinson’s disease.
- Manage diabetes: apples help reduce the uptake of carbohydrates by the body. This, in turn, reduces the fluctuation of blood sugar levels that occur in the bloodstream – this is an important factor for helping to keep diabetes in check.
- Helps in dental care: apples help in cleaning both the teeth and gums. They reduce the incidence of cavities in the teeth. The fibre in apples helps to cleanse the teeth while the antibacterial properties of the fruit keep bacteria and viruses away from infecting the body.
While this fruit helps you stay healthy, it does not stop the need for you to see your doctor.