This recommendation contains foods to relieve constipation fast with a certain diet you should avoid alongside for better result.
Constipation is the inability to pass stools regularly or you are unable to completely empty your bowel. It a common side effect of some anticancer and pain medication. This condition can cause your stool to be hard and lumpy, as well as unusually large or small. Constipation occurs when bowel movements become difficult or less frequent. The normal length of time between bowel movements ranges widely from person to person. Some people have bowel movements three times a day; others, only one or two times a week. Going longer than three days without a bowel movement is too long. After three days, the stool or feces become harder and more difficult to pass.
Constipation is a common condition that affects people of all ages. Feces that stay in the bowel for too long before elimination becomes hard and dry. This results in difficulty, painful, and infrequent bowel movements. Constipation can alternate with diarrhea, it occurs as part of the irritable bowel movement (IBS).
Causes Of Constipation
Causes of constipation include:
- blockages in the colon or rectum
- conditions affecting the hormones in the body which include diabetes, pregnancy, hyperthyroidism, and hypothyroidism.
- a problem with the nerves around the colon and rectum
- a difficulty with the muscles involved in the elimination
- lack of fiber in the diet
- some medications such as narcotic pain drugs, anti-depressant drugs, anticonvulsant, calcium channel blocking drugs, aluminum-containing antacids, and diuretics.
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- inadequate activity or exercise or immobility
- overuse of laxatives
- inadequate water intake (dehydration)
- not going to toilet when you feel the urge
- eating a lot of dairy products
- a change in regular diet or routine such as traveling
- having a mental health or eating disorder
Symptoms Of Constipation
- Having hard stools, dry stools that are difficult to pass
- Passing fewer than three stools a week
- Straining to have bowel movements
- Swollen belly or belly pain
- Throwing up
- Bloating of the abdomen
- A sensation that the bowels haven’t completely emptied
Foods To Avoid Include
- Fatty foods such as butter, deep fried foods, processed foods, etc.
- Dairy products such as milk
- Caffeinated drinks such as coffee and soft drinks
Foods to Relieve Constipation Fast
- Water (at least 8 cups daily)
- Kidney beans
- Sweet potatoes (cooked with the skin)
- Whole grain bread and cereal
- Fruits and vegetables
While these foods to relieve constipation fast can help you get rid of the uncomfortable situation, you are advised to talk to a qualified doctor if it persists for long.