- Dried fish
- Okro (chopped)
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Wash the meat, put in a pot, and boil to get the stock
- When the meat is almost soft, wash the stockfish and kpomo, and add to the meat
- Boil the periwinkles in salt water and wash properly before adding to the meat
- Wash the dried fish with salt and soak in hot water for 5mins. Then rinse with cold water and put in the same pot
- Add more water to the stock when the meat, stockfish, and kpomo are soft. Then add the crayfish and pepper.
- Allow to boil, then add the chopped okro and palm oil, cook for about 5mins. (Note: cover the pot half way in order not to reduce the thickness of the okro)
- Lastly, add the chopped ugu leaves and seasoning cubes.
- Allow to boil for 3mins, then add salt to taste. Okro soup is ready
Share your comments here