7 Health benefits of eating walnuts – They are a good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs), and also a good source of omega-3 fatty acid
Walnuts are a true nutritional powerhouse and one of nature’s healthiest foods. Walnuts are among the best sources of protective nutrients, packed into a powerful little package. Walnuts are really great for the skin and the body. They not only taste great but are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and an excellent source of those hard to find omega-3 fatty acid.
7 Health benefits of eating walnuts
- Heart health: Walnuts help combat risk factor for heart disease by lowering LDL – the bad cholesterol, reducing inflammation, improving the function of blood vessels, and cutting the risk of plaque buildup in the arteries.
- Prevent cancer: Walnuts are an effective part of a cancer preventive diet. They contain several bioactive components that may have anti-cancer properties. They include phytosterols, Gamma-tocopherol, omega-3 fatty acids, ellagic acid & related compounds, and various antioxidant polyphenols.
- Brain health: Eating walnuts help to improve brain function. they can help with depression and age-related decline in brain function. A walnut-rich diet may improve brain function and possibly slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Aids weight loss: Walnuts can form a part of weight management plan must include satiety factor, so walnut is undoubtedly the right food to consider if you are into a weight management programme. Despite being dense in calories, walnuts can be an important tool in helping you lose weight.
Join our community. Like us now
- Manage type 2 diabetes: All nuts are associated with a lowered risk of diabetes and walnuts are no exception. When treating type 2 diabetes, make walnuts a regular part of your diet and continue for a while.
- Improve sperm quality: Just adding half a cup of the nuts to your diet may help your overall semen quality, improving the number of sperms with normal shape and size, their movement, and ability to survive.
- Anti-ageing: Walnuts are packed with a lot of antioxidants like polyphenolic compounds and flavonoids which prevent untimely cell damage in your body caused by reactive molecules called free radicals thereby slowing down ageing.
While this wonderful food helps improve your health, it does not stop the need to see your doctor or health-care provider