These tips on weight loss diet with Nigerian food is put together to help our readers who are asking ‘ how do I lose weight using low calories Nigerian diet and a little exercise and how can I lose weight without starving?’ and are also watching their weight with meals they eat every day, this guide will help you fast track your result in less than 30 days.
In order for one to lose weight, one has to know a number of calories to consume. Calories are usually used to measure the energy content of foods and beverages. A calorie is a unit that measures energy. In order to lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than your body burns each day.
How many calories should one eat for weight loss with Nigerian Food?
For weight loss diet with Nigerian food, Women need to eat 2000 calories per day to maintain weight and 1500 calories to lose one pound of weight per week. Men need 2500 calories per day to maintain weight and 2000 calories to lose weight per week.
However, this depends on numerous factors which include height, age, current weight, activity levels, metabolic health and several others.
How to reduce calorie in your body.
It is known that in order to gain weight, more calories need to be entering the body. Conversely, if more calories leave your body than enter it, then you lose weight. Cutting of calories without regards to the food you eat is usually not a sustainable way to lose weight. Although it works for some people, the majority of people ends up being hungry and eventually give up on their diet.
Weight Loss Diet With Nigerian Food – 5 Tips to Help You Burn Calories Faster.
- Eating More Protein: this can reduce appetite, cut cravings by 60% and increase the number of calories you burn. When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Adding protein to your diet is the most effective and simplest way to lose weight with minimal effort. Protein also helps fight cravings which are the dieter’s worst enemy. If you want to lose weight sustainably, with minimal effort, then consider making a permanent increase in your protein intake. Increasing protein (Beans, Boiled Fish) intake can boost metabolism, fight cravings and significantly reduce appetite. This can lead to automatic weight loss.
- Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks (and Fruit Juices): they are known as the most fattening items in the modern diet. Another relatively easy change you can make is to eliminate liquid sugar calories from your diet. These include sodas, fruit juices with artificial sugar or sweetener, chocolate milk and other beverages that have sugar in them. Studies have shown that sugary drinks are strongly linked to an increased risk of obesity. The harmful effects of sugar go away beyond just weight gain. It can have disastrous effects on metabolic health and raise the risk of all sorts of diseases. Although small amounts of natural sugar from foods (like fruits) are absolutely fine, but large amounts of added sugar and sugary drinks can be an absolute disaster.
- Drinking More Water: more intake of water can help with weight loss. Drinking more water is one very simple trick to increase weight loss. This can increase the number of calories you burn for up to 90 minutes. Drinking water is even more important when you have it before meals; it can help reduce hunger and make you automatically eat fewer calories. In one study, drinking a half liter (17 ounces) of water a half hour before meal made people lose 44% more weight over a period of 12 weeks. Studies have also shown that water can help boost metabolism. Caffeinated beverages such as coffee and green tea are also excellent. The caffeine in them can help boost metabolism.
- Do Some Exercise and lift weights: doing some cardio like walking, swimming or jogging can also be important. Not so much for weight loss, but for optimal health and general well-being. If you can’t go to a gym, then consider doing some bodyweight exercise like push-ups, squats, sit-ups etc. Exercise also has a plethora of other benefits that go way beyond just weight loss, such as a longer life, lower risk of diseases, more energy and feeling better every day.
- Reduce Carbohydrate Intake, Especially Refined Carbohydrate and Sugar: cutting carbohydrate is another way to lose weight. When you cut your carbohydrate intake, your appetite tends to go down and you eat fewer calories automatically. Eating a low- carbohydrate diet can make you lose about 2-3 times as much weight as a calorie restricted low-fat diet. Low-carbohydrate diets also have all sorts of other benefits for health, especially for people with type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
Some of the best weight loss diet with Nigerian food are Oat, Vegetable, Boiled or Roasted Plantain, Pepper Soup, Fruit Salad, Ofada Rice, etc)
How much fat is needed per day to lose weight?
Limiting fat as much as possible is not the best way to lose weight because you need some fat in your diet to stay healthy. Getting between 20 to 25 percent of calories from fat is considered a low-fat diet. This is necessary for optimum health benefits. Less than 10 percent of fat consumed should come from saturated fat, which is the main type of animal products and less than 1 percent and ideally, none at all should come from trans-fats which are found in processed foods that are made with hydrogenated oil.
Omega-3 fats and omega-6 fats are essential fats that you must get from your diet because the body can’t make them. Together they make up the polyunsaturated fats. Between 5 to 10 percent of your calories should come from omega-6 fats which are found in vegetable oil and nuts, and about 1 percent of calories should come from omega-3 fats which are found in fish and flaxseed. The remainder of your fat should come from monounsaturated fats, such as those in olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
Here is a list of free sites where you can insert the foods you are eating to keep track of your calorie intake: 5 Best Calorie Counter Websites and Apps. All of them are available online and include apps for iPhones/iPad and android devices. It is advisable to use a calorie counter to see how many calories you are eating.