The health benefits of raspberries – Find out about the amazing health benefits of raspberries below
Raspberries are a delicious fruit with many health benefits, with a high concentration of ellagic acid; a phenolic compound that prevents cancer, thereby stopping the growth of cancer cells and eliminating the progress of some cancers. They contain oil which has a sun protection factor. It helps to lose weight and also takes proper care of your skin while you age. These berries help improve your immune system; that is, they look after your overall health.
Raspberries are high in dietary fibre which makes them one of the plant foods with the highest ranking fibre content. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals. They have the highest concentration of antioxidant strength amongst all fruit
One of the fascinating new areas of raspberry research involves the potential for raspberries to improve the management of obesity.
The health benefits of raspberries
- Fight cancer: Raspberries are rich in ellagic acid which has the ability to prevent various cancers. Ellagic acid acts as an antioxidant, deactivates specific carcinogens, and slows down the reproduction of certain cancer cells.
- Maintain cardiovascular health: Raspberries are rich in dietary fibre which helps to maintain the heart health. They also contain anthocyanins which reduce the risk of heart disease in postmenopausal women. These compounds play a pivotal role in reducing oxidative damage and inflammation related to cardiovascular disease. They also contain other bioactive polyphenols which help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Improves fertility: The high levels of antioxidant in raspberries might protect the sperm from oxidative damage. The vitamin C and magnesium in the fruit enhance male and female fertility, and the production of testosterone respectively.
- Treat diabetes: The Rheosmin, Tiliroside, Fructose, high fibre, and low glycemic index of raspberries makes them a sweet treat for diabetes and anyone who has to watch their blood sugar levels.
Join our community. Like us now
- Aid weight loss: Fibre, as we all know, keeps you full for longer and discourages you from binging. The number of calories in raspberries are low and are fat-free, so they could be a healthy addition to your weight loss diet. The raspberry ketones in raspberries also increase fat breakdown which might eventually contribute to weight loss.
- Improve eye health: The flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds in raspberries offer excellent vision health.
- Improve immunity: Raspberries are superfruits that enable the body to ward off infections related to poor immunity. The presence of vitamin C in raspberries helps to boost immunity. They also contain beta-carotene which helps to boost the immune system.
- Improve memory: Raspberries are rich in phytonutrients which help to enhance and maintain memory function. The polyphenols in raspberries are known to improve age-related cognitive decline.
- Anti-aging: Raspberries are packed with antioxidants which work great for your skin. They prevent the damaging effects on the skin. The presence of vitamin C in raspberries makes them an ideal food to prevent skin cancer.
While this fruit helps keep you healthy, it does not stop the need to see your doctor or health-care provider.