The health benefits of banana – banana is one of the most popular healthy foods, below are 8 proven ways that banana can benefit your health.
Consuming banana daily has an array of benefits in your body. Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world for good reasons which are lowering of blood pressure and reducing the risks of cancer and asthma. They are rich in potassium which is an important mineral that helps to maintain body fluid levels, and helps regulate the movement of nutrients and waste products in and out of cells. Potassium also helps muscles to contract and nerve cells to respond. It keeps the heart beating regularly and can reduce the effect of sodium on blood pressure. It also reduces the risk of kidney stones forming as people age, and in turn, healthy kidneys make sure that the right amount of potassium is kept in the body.
Bananas are naturally free of fat, sodium, and cholesterol. They provide a variety of minerals and vitamins.
The health benefits of banana
- Reduce weight: finding foods to fit into your weight loss diet can be challenging, but bananas make a perfect fit. They are naturally fit. About half of the fibre content in bananas is soluble which makes food to sit in your stomach for a while, making you full. When this happens, you will be less likely to overeat when your food comes.
- Healthy eyes: bananas help to keep the eyes healthy. They contain small amount of vitamin A that is vital for protecting the eyes and normal vision. Vitamin A refers to a series of compounds, including beta-carotene and alpha-carotene. these compounds help preserve the membranes surrounding the eyes and they are a component of one of the proteins that brings light into the cornea.
- Regularity: bananas helps in keeping you regular. Bananas also contain insoluble fibre. This insoluble fibre travels through your digestive tract, sweeps up waste, and helps push it out. You will have more regular bowel movements that are soft and easy to pass.
- Normal heart functioning: eating a banana everyday add a nutrient to your body to help keep your heart healthy. Bananas are rich in potassium which absorbs directly into your bloodstream through intestinal walls. Potassium travels around to cells all over your body and dissolves in fluids inside of cells. It travels across the cells membranes to keep fluid balanced in and around the cells. This process keeps the electricity flowing throughout your system , which is required to make your heart beat.
Join our community. Like us now
- Cure ulcers and heartburn: bananas help to cure heartburn, by balancing your stomach’s pH and enhance the protective mucus layer, relieving pain. The fibre content also helps to move food through the digestive tract faster, thereby preventing reflux. Regular consumption of bananas help protect the stomach from ulcers. They thicken the protective mucus barrier in the stomach, thereby preventing damage from hydrochloric acids. They contain pro-tease inhibitors that help eliminate stomach bacteria that can cause ulcers.
- Healthy skin: the skin of bananas has its uses. It is used for treating psoriasis and acne. This can be achieved by rubbing the freshly peeled inside of the banana skin on the affected area and leave the residue to be absorbed.
- Fight cancer: increased consumption of bananas in your diet help lower the risk of developing various cancers. Bananas contain an antioxidant known as Delphinidin which has anti-tumour properties. Also, controlling your weigh reduces the risk of cancer.
- Relieve anaemia: bananas contain iron which helps to strengthen your blood and relieve anaemia. Iron is important for energy levels since it transfers oxygen to your cells.
While this guide helps you stay better, it does not stop the need for you to see your doctor.