- 2 medium-sized ripe plantains
- 200g of unripe plantain flour or corn meal (corn flour)
- 1 cooking spoonful of ground crayfish
- 1 handful of deboned boiled fish or fresh prawns
- 1 cooking spoonful of palm oil or vegetable oil
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 medium-sized onion
- Fresh pepper
- Containers or moi-moi leaves
- Pour the unripe plantain flour or corn flour into a bowl, add a little warm water and mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- Wash, peel and slice the ripe plantains, blend with crayfish, pepper and onions. Blend into a smooth paste and pour into the bowl containing the unripe plantain paste.
- Mix properly and add a little warm water to get a lighter but not watery paste. Add the palm oil, seasoning cubes and salt, then mix properly.
- Scoop the plantain mixture into the container, add the cooked fish or fresh prawns, then seal tightly.
- Put a pot of water or steamer to boil, place the containers into the pot and allow to cook for 45mins to 1hr. When the moi-moi solidifies, know it is ready (add water to the pot from time to time as the water dries up).
- Bring out the plantain moi-moi and place on a tray, leave to cool before you serve. You can serve with rice, pap, oatmeal or custard.
Share your comments here