- Ofada rice
- Palm oil
- Green and red bell pepper (green and red tatashe)
- Assorted meat and beef
- Beef stock
- Seasoning cube
- Onion (chopped)
- Ground crayfish
- Boiled eggs/kpomo/dryfish (optional)
- Before cooking the ofada rice, select and remove the stones. Wash the rice severally with clean water and put in a pot. Add some water to cover the rice. Parboil and turn into a clean bowl.
- Wash the parboiled rice with clean water and turn back into the pot. Add some salt and clean water. Boil till the rice gets soft. Once done, remove from the heat.
- Wash the assorted meat and beef, place in a pot, add sliced onions, seasoning cube and salt, and allow to boil. Once it is done, remove from heat.
- Wash the tatashe and atarodo (remenber to remove the seeds from the tatashe) and blend together. Allow to boil till it becomes thick. Don’t blend the onions with the pepper.
- Place another pot on heat and add palm oil, allow to bleach for at least 10mins. Turn off the heat and cover the pot till the body is warm.
- Once the pot is warm, put the pot back on heat and add the chopped onions. Allow to fry till it gets soft. Add the iru and let both fry till the palm oil brings out bubble.
- Add the boiled meat, stir and let it fry until the oil comes up. Add the boiled pepper and stir. Allow to fry until the oil floats on top. Add the meat stock, stir and allow to fry till the oil comes on top.
- Add the ground crayfish. Stir and allow the crayfish cook and combine with the stew.
- Reduce the heat and allow the stew to fry till the oil comes up again. Add the boiled eggs/kpomo/dry fish. Once the oil is up, taste for salt and seasoning.
Your ofada rice and stew is ready to serve.
Share your comments here
New! Discover How To Flush Stubborn Fat, Lose Weight & Recover Your Sexy Flat Stomach With These Delicious Red Tea