- Fresh fish (any choice)
- Tiger prawns
- Dried fish
- Smoked fish
- Stock fish
- Crayfish (ground)
- Ata rodo
- Fresh spinach or uguw
- Basil leaves (nchanwu)
- Onions (chopped)
- Palm oil
- Wash the fresh fish, dried fish and shrimps.
- Wash the stock fish, place on heat and allow to boil till it softens, then add the dried fish, smoked fish and allow to boil for few minutes.
- Chop the onions in large chunks, chop the pepper and nchanwu leaves. Sieve and grind the crayfish.
- Add the fresh fish and tiger prawns in the boiled stock fish. Then add the chopped onions, pepper and crayfish. Allow to cook.
- Add the chopped okra and using a folding method, mix these in gently with the rest of the ingredients. Then allow to cook till the okra is done.
- Pour the palm oil and leave to cook for another 5 mins.
- Wash and chop the spinach or ugwu leaves and add to the soup. Allow to cook for few mins. Check for salt and seasoning cube.
- Remove from heat and serve with any choice of starch (semo, garri, wheat, fufu or pounded yam).
Share your comments here