- Meat of choice
- Stock fish (head)
- Cocoyam (pounded)
- Bitter leaf (properly washed)
- Crayfish (ground)
- Dry fish
- Palm oil
- Seasoning cubes
- Onions (sliced)
- Parboil the meat with the needed ingredients (onions, seasoning cubes and salt). Allow to boil for 10 – 15 mins, then add water and leave to cook till the meat is tender.
- Add the washed dry fish, stock fish and cook till tender. Add more water, then the palm oil, crayfish, pepper, seasoning cubes and salt. Stir and allow to boil.
- Add the pounded cocoyam, then add the ogiri. Allow to cook till the cocoyam dissolves
- Add the bitter leaf and stir. Taste and add more salt if needed and allow to cook for 2 – 3 mins. Your bitter leaf soup is ready.
Serve with any choice of starch (eba, semo, fufu, pounded yam or wheat)
Share your comments here