- Zobo leaves
- Enough ginger
- Enough water
- Flavour (pineapple flavour or cola)
- Zobo seeds (i don’t know the local name)
- Wash the zobo leaves thoroughly to get rid of the dust. After washing the zobo leaves, wash the pineapple thoroughly and cut the pineapple into small pieces and cut the peel into thin slices.
- Peel the ginger and pound with the zobo seed, then set aside.
- Put the washed zobo leaves in a deep pot and add your diced pineapple fruit and peels. Add enough water and allow to boil for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Then add the ginger and zobo seed, and leave to boil for 45 mins
- Remove from fire and allow to cool. Then squeeze out the juice from the leaves and pineapple. Sieve the juice to remove particles.
- Then add your favourite flavours and sweeteners if you don’t like the natural sour taste of zobo. As for me, i like to use pineapple flavour which gives me the taste i want.
If you want to spice up your zobo drink, you can add citrus fruits and pepper, some alcohol, or a bit of palm wine while boiling. Zobo drink is very cheap and more preferable than all this carbonated drinks because it’s very healthy. It goes with any kind of snack, so just give it a try.