Recommended Natural Products On JumiaHere are natural products that fights "Diabetes", "Malaria & Typhoid", and help lose weight faster.
- Diabetes Products - View Price Offers
- Malaria & Typhoid - View Price Offers
- Weight Loss Products - View Price Offers
- Weight Gain Products - View Price Offers
- Body Fitness & Gym - View Price Offers
This guide contains best liquid diet after stomach surgery and food to avoid within a specified period.
A full fluid diet means eating or drinking foods that are liquid. It also means eating foods that will become liquid at room temperature. You may need to eat a full fluid diet after surgery or if you have problems chewing or swallowing, they are generally easier to digest. This diet should be used only if there is a health problem because it does not supply all the nutrients you need.
A full fluid diet is a diet that falls in between a clear liquid diet and a soft liquid diet. It is often prescribed after surgery, especially any type of stomach or gastrointestinal surgery. This diet gives you the protein, fluids, and salts that you need for energy. You cannot eat solids foods when you are on a full fluid diet. For most people on a full fluid diet, the goal is to get 1,350 to 1,500 calories and 45grams of protein a day.
Eating only a full fluid diet gives you enough energy, protein, and fat. But it does not give you enough fibre. And you may not get all the minerals and vitamins you need. So, your doctor may recommend that you take certain vitamins and supplements. This diet is also safe for people with diabetes, but only when they are followed closely by their doctor.
Recommended: Best Food Diet For Oral Surgery
Best Liquid Diet After Stomach Surgery Includes Food and Drinks Such As:
- Fruit juices including nectars and juices with pulp.
- Butter, margarine, oil, cream, custard, and pudding.
- Plain ice-cream, frozen yoghurt and sherbet.
- Fruit ices and popsicles.
- Sugar, honey, and syrup.
- Soup broths (strained cream soups, but no solids).
- Sodas such as ginger ale and sprite.
- Tea or coffee with cream or milk and sugar or honey.
The following foods may also be taken as a full fluid diet based on doctor’s recommendation.
- Cooked, refined cereals, such as oatmeal, grits, farina (cream of wheat), or cream of rice.
- Strained meats like the ones in baby foods.
- Potatoes pureed in soups.
Food to Avoid After Stomach Surgery:
- Do not eat any kind of meat, cheese, fruits (fresh, frozen or canned) and cereals that are not on your “OK” list.
- Do not eat raw or cooked vegetables, ice cream or other frozen desserts that have any solids in them or on top – things like nuts, chocolate chips, and pieces of cookies.
- Try having a mix of 5 to 7 of the foods you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
NOTE: liquid foods do not include “mashed” foods, such as mashed potatoes or avocado.
Below is a sample menu plan for full fluid diet
Breakfast: 1 cup of orange juice, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of coffee.
Lunch: 6 ounces of strained cream soup, 1 cup of tea.
Dinner: 6 ounces of strained cream soup, 1 cup of apple juice, 1/2 cup of pudding, 1 cup of decaf coffee.
While these are some of the best liquid diet after stomach surgery, it doesn’t in any way