How to make Nigerian kilishi – Make your delicious homemade kilishi with these recipes.
Kilishi, also known as beef jerky, is a popular Nigerian snack eaten on its own or with beverages, added to other Nigerian
- Lean beef
- Stock cube (1)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Cloves (1 tsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Dry cayenne pepper seeds (1 tsp)
- Suya spice (1 tsp)
- Fresh ginger
- You preheat the oven to 250C or the highest setting on your oven.
- Use red lean beef without any fat. If there is any fat, trim the fat and slice the beef into 3mm thick pieces (the larger the pieces, the better).
- Grind together the garlic, ginger, cloves, and stock cube to get a smooth consistency.
- Add a small quantity of water into the mixture, stir well, and sieve to get a liquid spice solution.
- Add the suya spice and cayenne pepper seeds to the mixture, stir and set aside.
- Place the beef slices on the baking tray lined with baking sheet and salt lightly on each side.
- Put the beef into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, flipping the slices every 5 minutes to enable them
- Bring the tray out and brush each beef slice with the spice solution on both sides.
- Put the
kilishiback into the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Flip at least once and allow the kilishito dry after it’s been taken out of the oven (it’s best to take it out when it’s still slightly soft).
You can serve immediately or store in a cool dry place for weeks. You can serve with a glass of your favourite drink, more spices, or sauces. You can use to spice up your cooking. You can also chop the