Fura de Nono is a very popular drink in the Northern states. Nono is the Hausa word for cow’s milk sold by the Fulani women.
- 1 cup of millet or guinea corn flour
- 1 cup of soya bean flour
- 1 tsp of dried pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp of cloves (ground)
- 1 tsp of African black pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp of dried ginger root (ground)
- 1 tsp of corn flour
- 2 litres of water
- 1 litre of Nono or yoghurt
- Mix the flours with all the spices thoroughly. Add a little water and mix to form a thick paste. Mould into medium sized balls.
- Boil the water for about 5 mins. Add the balls to the boiling water and continue boiling for about 20 mins.
- Remove the balls from the boiling pot and pound thoroughly. Mould into small balls and sprinkle corn flour to keep the balls moist.
- Serve mashed with Nono or yoghurt and add sugar to taste.
Share your comments here
Top Diets & Recipes People Are Checking:
22 Best Calcium Rich Food for Strong Bones & Joints
17 Natural Food That Burns Belly Fat Faster
6 Best Food Diet For Pancreatitis Recovery
Diet for Blood Cancer (Leukemia) Patients
How to Prepare Owo Soup
Diet for Bladder Cancer Patients
The Dangers of Codeine and Tramadol Use
The Ketogenic Diet for Beginners