Recommended Natural Products On JumiaHere are natural products that fights "Diabetes", "Malaria & Typhoid", and help lose weight faster.
- Diabetes Products - View Price Offers
- Malaria & Typhoid - View Price Offers
- Weight Loss Products - View Price Offers
- Weight Gain Products - View Price Offers
- Body Fitness & Gym - View Price Offers
Health benefits of avocado pear – this fruit contains healthy fat, vitamins, and minerals which help to fight numerous disease in the body.
Avocado, which is also known as Alligator Pear due to its shape and the leathery appearance of its skin, is a fruit that is grown on Persea Americana, which is an evergreen tree from the Lauraceae family. It is closely related to cinnamon and bay laurel. Due to its health benefits, this fruit is now grown in a number of countries and it has a very thick skin that protects it from pesticides. It can be eaten raw as a dessert whip, or in the form of salads with little pepper and salt. You can also use avocado as a replacement for fat content (butter or oil) while baking or just as a replacement to mayonnaise in sandwiches.
Avocado offers nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving. It contains potassium which helps control blood pressure, contains folate which is crucial for cell repair and during pregnancy, and contains lutein which is good for the eyes. It is a good source of B vitamins which help you fight off disease and infection. It gives you vitamin C and E, plus natural plant chemicals that help fight cancer. It is low in sugar and contains fibre which helps you feel full longer. It is high in fat, but its monounsaturated fat is a good fat which helps lower bad cholesterol as long as you consume it in moderation. It is the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA).
Below are the health benefits of avocado
Join our community. Like us now
Health benefits of avocado pear
- Healthy heart: beta-sitosterol, which is found in avocados, helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Consumption of avocado may enhance antiatherogenic properties of HDL cholesterol, which helps in protecting your heart from atherosclerosis, also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease. Also, the presence of potassium makes avocado a powerful fruit to fight against hypertension. It is important to make sure that potassium levels are not too high as it can be dangerous for the heart.
- Kidney health: avocado contains potassium which is a key aspect of maintaining balance through chemical channels for cells and organs. This balance of fluid is also vital for the functioning of the kidney which handles the movement of fluids and toxins through the body.
- Healthy liver: avocado contains certain organic compounds that help in improving liver health. It is very good at reducing liver damage. Liver damage usually occurs due to Hepatitis C.
- Healthy eyes: avocado contains carotenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin which helps to protect your eyes. It helps to keep the eyes healthy
- Good digestion: since avocado contains soluble and insoluble fibre, it helps to keep the digestive system running smoothly. It is soothing for the intestine and therefore aids in digestion.
- Contains anti-cancer properties: avocado helps lower the risk of cancers, including breast cancer and prostate cancer. It contains carotenoids and monounsaturated, which both contribute to the significant reduction of cancer.
- Healthy skin: avocado contains many vitamins and minerals that help in maintaining a healthy skin.
- Healthy bones: avocado contains carotenoids which help in reducing the risk of cartilage defects which is a symptom of osteoarthritis. It also contains essential minerals (zinc, phosphorus, copper, calcium, and selenium) which help to lower the risk of osteoporosis and improve bone mineral density.
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis: avocado is used as a supplement in the treatment of arthritis. It is used to suppress and treat symptoms in people suffering from arthritis.
While this guide helps you stay healthy, it does not stop the need to see your doctor.