Recommended Natural Products On JumiaHere are natural products that fights "Diabetes", "Malaria & Typhoid", and help lose weight faster.
- Diabetes Products - View Price Offers
- Malaria & Typhoid - View Price Offers
- Weight Loss Products - View Price Offers
- Weight Gain Products - View Price Offers
- Body Fitness & Gym - View Price Offers
This guide covers the best food for fever and cold patients with 8 diets to eat and 11 food to avoid.
Fever, as we all know, is classified as a medical sign where there is a noticeable increase in body temperature. Fever (also known as pyrexia or controlled hyperthermia) is when a human’s body temperature goes above the normal range of 36-37c (98-100F)-it is a common medical sign.
As the individual body temperature goes up,there may be a sensation of cold until the temperature plateaus (stop rising). People’s normal body temperature may vary and are affected by factors such as eating, exercise, sleeping and what time of the day it is. Our body temperature is usually at its highest around 6pm and at its lowest at about 3am.
An elevated body temperature (fever) is one of the ways our immune system attempts to combat an infection. Usually, the rise in body temperature helps the individual resolve an infection. However, sometimes it may rise too high, in which case the fever can be serious and lead to complications.
Have a Question? Like Us on Facebook or Follow Us On Twitter
Symptoms of Fever
When somebody has a fever, signs and symptoms are linked to what is known as sickness behaviour and may include:
- Feeling cold when nobody else does.
- Lack of appetite (anorexia)
- The individual is much more sensible to pain
- Concentrating problems
Causes of Fever in the Body:
Fever is caused by:
- An infection (such as pneumonia, flu or chicken pox)
- Some medications
- Sunburn (over exposure of skin to sunlight)
- Silicosis-a type of lung disease caused by long -term exposure to silica dust
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Heat stroke caused by prolonged strenuous exercise exposure to high temperature.
Best Food For Fever And Cold
- 1 glass of coconut water
Below is a sample meal:
Morning– milk (1 glass + 4 biscuits)
Lunch– vegetables cooked with fresh tomatoes
Dinner– rice with leafy vegetables
Late at night– 1 glass of warm milk
Food to Avoid:
- Red meat
- Extra sugar
- Processed foods
- Packed foods
- Junk foods
- Foods cooked outside
- Oily foods
- Cold foods like ice-cream
While these are the best food for fever and cold, it doesn’t in any way negate the need to see a doctor for medical advice.